Saturday, March 14, 2015 4:00pm
Allentown Brew Works
Cask Beer and another spectacular time at the Allentown Brew Works and High Gravity!
Fegley’s Brew Works Brewers are proud to host this special event with exclusive, one-of-a-kind, cask creations from more than a dozen craft breweries. There will be a minimum of 32 cask beer and craft beer selections for sampling. Tickets include Celtic entertainment and St. Patrick’s Day inspired food buffet. Browse beer-centric vendor tables and enjoy the Puttle Championships!
Coming Soon for 2015!
$35 per person / $40 at the door
To make sure you’re receiving all the latest discount codes for tickets, make sure to sign-up for our e-mail newsletter.
BONUS VIP HOUR! 3pm to 4pm
Add an extra hour to the beginning of the fest, limited to 100 guests. Meet the brewery representatives and brewers.
FEATURING AN EXCLUSIVE 2014 tapping of Weyerbacher White Sun Wit!
VIP Hour includes hors d’oeuvres. From 3pm to 4pm for an additional $10.
Designated Driver Tickets are also be available at $15 (includes admission, food, entertainment, and N/A beverages) Designated Driver Tickets are not subject to discounts. This is a 21 & over only event.
Save today and purchase your tickets online, assuring a possible sell-out event, cheers!
Invited Brewers & Breweries for 2015* based on 2014 participation:
- Casks from Brewmaster Beau Baden of Allentown Brew Works – Liquid Sunshine, a Brett wild yeast pale ale
- Casks from Brewer Josh Bushey of Bethlehem Brew Works – Helen Keller Beer, an unfiltered pale lager dry-hopped with Czech Saaz
- Colony Meadery – WOOFIEDOG, Beso Exotico, Wildflower Whiskey Mead, Straight-No Chaser
- Flying Fish
- Funk Brewing Co. – Citrus IPA Efflorescence (Saison)
- Golden Avalanche Brewing Co. – IPA, Onyx Black Forest Stout
- HiJinx – Pitch Penny ESB, McPrankster’s Porter
- Neshaminy Creek Brewing – County Line IPA and Leon
- Round Guys Brewery – Kiss Off IPA
- Shangy’s – New Holland Brewing Company
- Straub Brewery – Maibock
- Stonekeep Meadery
- Weyerbacher – Camelopardalis, Belgian dark tripel IPA and AN EXCLUSIVE first time this year tapping of White Sun Wit!
- Yards Brewing – Extra Special Ale
- PLUS 14 Allentown Brew Works draft, craft beers to sample!
Itinerary & Menu
- 3pm to 4pm – VIP HOUR ($10 per person extra) – Enjoy delectable hors d’oeuvres from Chef Mike Honeywell and meet the Brewers personally with less of a crowd!
- 4pm to 7pm – CASK BEER FESTIVAL – Sample over 32 cask and craft beers from your favorite breweries. Browse vendor tables offering something for everyone.
- 4:30pm to 6:30pm – Dine from an Irish themed buffet with offerings such as Soda Bread, Bubble and Squeak, Root Vegetables, Shepherd’s Pie Potato Leek Soup and more.
Entertainment from 2014*
The O’Grady-Quinlan Academy Irish Step Dancers
5:30pm = performing a 15-20 minute set during the festival. We’re truly excited to have them, and hope you are too!
The O’Grady-Quinlan Academy, founded in January 2005, represents an exciting merger between the Lehigh Valley’s two established and successful Irish dance schools: the Maureen O’Grady School of Irish Dance, and the Quinlan Academy of Irish Dance. With over two decades of experience, you are sure to get the best Irish dance experience in the Lehigh Valley.
The Puttle Championship
The 2014 Puttle Championship will be held Saturday, March 15, during the Cask Beer Fest at the Allentown Brew Works. Winners in both the Golfer and Non-Golfer categories will be awarded cash, prizes and “The Tankard” for lowest score. $1 entry fee for those in attendance will be donated to the Boys+Girls Clubs of the LV. You must be an attendee of the Cask Beer Fest. If you’re curious about Puttle and want to know more, click here.
Crafts by G | Dr. T-shirt | G&E Smoke Shop | Guy and Lady Barrel | PA Prostate Cancer Coalition | Puttle Golf | Saint Obnoxious | Scentsy | Stonekeep Meadery | TexJer | The Cow and the Curd | wHoly Chiptole | Wildtree Herbs
The Cow and the Curd will be outside all day serving up battered fried cheese curds!
Experience the CASK Difference
Traditionally, cask beers are naturally carbonated by yeast being added during a second fermentation rather than adding CO2. Casks can be gravity drawn typically from barrels laying horizontally, or from typical looking ”kegs” that have been naturally carbonated.
Experience REAL ALE, sample the difference at The Great Allentown Brew Works Cask Beer Festival. Open your senses to tradition – beer the way it was meant to be. Official definition from Wikipedia…
Cask ale or cask-conditioned beer is unfiltered and unpasteurized beer which is conditioned (including secondary fermentation) and served from a cask without additional nitrogen or carbon dioxide pressure. Cask ale may also be referred to as real ale, a term coined by the Campaign for Real Ale, often now extended to cover bottle-conditioned beer as well. Read more…
*As details for the 2014 festival are being ironed out, please check back often. Breweries, vendors and entertainment for the evening are subject to change. Cheers!
Our 2013 Festival was great! Thanks to everyone who came out. While you’re waiting for our next great festival, check out the photos below.