Sunday, August 12, 2012 10:30am
Allentown Brew Works, Hamilton Room
Remembering the Life of Joe Fox
Joe Fox, President and one of the co-founders of the Lehigh Valley Humanists, died in his home on June 16. On Sunday, August 12th from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm, there will be a gathering of the Lehigh Valley Humanists at the Allentown Brew Works to remember and celebrate Joe’s life. This will be a time for us to be together as friends and acquaintances to share our memories of Joe and express our thoughts and hopes for the future through story, song or poem. If you know now that you would like a few moments to share, please let Vicki or Len know so that we can be sure to include you during this time. Time permitting, others may speak as well. Craig Olsen will lead the celebration. Dress is ‘appropriately casual’.
A memorial fund has been set up for the benefit of Joe’s children and another for Camp Quest. Donations will be collected during this Remembrance Gathering. Checks can be made out to “The Joseph Fox Children’s Trust Fund” ℅ Annalisa Fox, 304 Bernard Court, Wayne, PA 19087 or “Camp Quest, Inc.”, accordingly.
Those who wish to do so can stay afterwards for lunch at the Brew Works. For more information please contact Vicki, Len, Harley, or Diane.
- The Lehigh Valley Humanists’ goal is to promote Humanism and foster the building of a vibrant community dedicated to a positive ethical life-stance in the Lehigh Valley area.
- We seek to educated our members and the community about Humanism, as well as about important social and ethical issues of our day.
- We will accomplish these goals by engaging in various social activities, community service events, and hosting speakers of interest who stimulate discussion and contemplation among our members and friends.
- Humanism is a non theistic philosophy that affirms our ability and responsibility to lead meaningful ethical lives.
- We promote; human rights, civil liberties, the scientific method, and the democratic process in an open secular and humane society.
- Lehigh Valley Humanists provides education, support, and outreach about Humanism in an effort to build a vibrant community based around a positive ethical life-stance.
The Joe Fox Memorial Lending Library
The Lehigh Valley Humanists now offer this service to paid members of the Lehigh Valley Humanists.
For more information regarding this service refer to the Humanist’s website here.