Sunday, January 6, 2013 10:30am
Allentown Brew Works, Hamilton Room
Margaret Downey returns with an inspiring and interactive presentation that she calls……
”Capturing Your AHA Moments”
When did you discover that you were a Humanist? Was it a gradual thought process or an AHA moment? Margaret Downey will convey her journey story in the hopes that it will encourage others to share journey stories of their own. The first half of the presentation will include a PowerPoint slide show and the distribution of helpful creative literature. The second half of the presentation will be interactive. Please think about your own journey and plan to participate by sharing funny incidents, emotional struggles, and other experiences.
- The Lehigh Valley Humanists’ goal is to promote Humanism and foster the building of a vibrant community dedicated to a positive ethical life-stance in the Lehigh Valley area.
- We seek to educated our members and the community about Humanism, as well as about important social and ethical issues of our day.
- We will accomplish these goals by engaging in various social activities, community service events, and hosting speakers of interest who stimulate discussion and contemplation among our members and friends.
- Humanism is a non theistic philosophy that affirms our ability and responsibility to lead meaningful ethical lives.
- We promote; human rights, civil liberties, the scientific method, and the democratic process in an open secular and humane society.
- Lehigh Valley Humanists provides education, support, and outreach about Humanism in an effort to build a vibrant community based around a positive ethical life-stance.
The Joe Fox Memorial Lending Library
The Lehigh Valley Humanists now offer this service to paid members of the Lehigh Valley Humanists.
For more information regarding this service refer to the Humanist’s website here.